Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cat Jobes Open Studio Columbia City Artwalk

Cat Jobes
For further information, please contact the artist at:
catjobes@hotmail.com



Artist Statement:

I learned how to paint by studying the simplicity of old black and white photography. As I painted I became captivated by these finite moments of humanity. Light and composition then translate to story and life. I hope to leave my audience asking, “What was she doing?” or ”Who is that?”, wanting to know more about the characters.
I also make all kinds of mosaics. Since 2003 I’ve studied, taught and produced glass, ceramic, pebble, 2-D, 3D, traditional and not-so-traditional mosaic. Presently I am working on large, outdoor work. With mosaic I use a similar process of playing with light and composition to bring life to a hard surface, while intuitively building a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SeattleArtists.com - Artist Network and Marketplace

Artists, Musicians, Artisans, Columbia City Businesses, Sponsors, Volunteers

Would you like to participate in Bohemian Backstreets Columbia City Artwalk this summer?
For information please contact
Ben Hunter at artscreatenw@gmail.com


About Me

My photo
Community Arts Create is a nonprofit organization building community through self-discovery and shared experience. Enhancing a richer way of life by creating harmony within a diverse culture through creative experience.